TTAB Monetary Sanctions?
No, monetary sanctions are not available in TTAB oppositions and cancellations. TBMP Section 502.05 states:
The Board will not hold any person in contempt, or award attorneys’ fees, other expenses, or damages to any party.
What are appropriate TTAB Sanctions?
The Board may enter the following sanctions where appropriate:
- striking all or part of the pleadings of the disobedient party;
- refusing to allow the disobedient party to support or oppose designated claims or defenses;
- prohibiting the disobedient party from introducing designated matters in evidence;
- entering judgment against the disobedient party
Latest posts by Vic Lin (see all)
- How to trademark books, DVDs and creative works - June 24, 2019
- No use of mark before filing trademark application: What happens? - June 18, 2019
- What is a lack of bona fide intent to use? - June 17, 2019