We Want Our Clients to be Well Educated on IP
I am a Christian and registered patent attorney specializing in patent and trademark filings for startups. We formed Innovation Capital Law Group to help small businesses protect their innovation and brands using more cost-effective flat rate billing.
What sets us apart from our peers is our dedication to educating clients. In fact, other IP lawyers call me to get answers to their patent and trademark questions. Would you rather work with the patent attorney that other IP lawyers call for answers or those other lawyers?
Tell me about your IP project: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 223-9623.
Can we work with clients nationwide or overseas?
Yes, we can represent clients throughout the US. Though we are located in Orange County, California, we also help foreign clients based in Asia and Europe. As registered patent attorneys licensed with the USPTO, we are not limited to clients in any geographical regions when it comes to filing patent and trademark applications.
What is our track record?
Our firm, Innovation Capital Law Group, has been consistently ranked by Harrity as a top US utility patent firm and design patent firm.
Our team includes:
- a former USPTO patent examiner;
- a corporate startup law clinic professor; and
- corporate and IP attorneys fluent in foreign languages including Mandarin.
Do you need international IP? We are well connected with foreign IP attorneys worldwide. Let’s get to work on protecting your concepts at home and abroad. Email me anytime.
Our mission is to build rock solid IP rights that facilitate funding and growth of your business. We empower clients by providing honest guidance and transparent flat fee billing.
Our TRUE core values guide the way we serve our clients.
We charge fixed fees for patent and trademark filings. For utility patent applications, we provide a flat fee estimate for the initial filing after reviewing your invention disclosure. We also offer flat rate responses to patent rejections known as Office Actions.
Imagine a patent attorney that actually returns client calls and emails promptly. Our clients receive timely updates on their patent and trademark applications and reminders in advance of deadlines.
We love representing the Davids battling the Goliaths. If you’re a founder feeling left out by big law firms, let us know how we can help. No client is too small to reach out to us.
Efficiency and lower costs are important to us, but we care most about efficacy. Most of our clients are startups and small businesses who must wisely invest their limited resources for IP protection. We apply our expertise to make honest recommendations for a smarter path to IP success.
Here are examples of our efficacy:
- Conducting a patentability search before filing a utility nonprovisional patent application
- Performing a knockout search before filing a trademark application
- Conducting patent examiner interviews to discuss claim rejections and gather insight for a more persuasive Office Action response
- Using Amazon’s neutral patent evaluation (NPE) instead of litigating in court
Let’s Get to Work!
Email me at email@example.com or call (949) 223-9623 to discuss how we can put our IP expertise to work for you.
Latest posts by Vic Lin (see all)
- What are the requirements for getting a design patent? - February 22, 2023
- How to Win a Patent Application Argument - February 15, 2023
- How To Avoid Trademark Confusion - February 13, 2023