We Want Our Clients to be Well Educated on IP
I am a Christian and registered patent attorney specializing in IP for startups and entrepreneurs. We formed Innovation Capital Law Group to help businesses protect their moat using more cost-effective IP strategies.
What sets us apart from our peers is our dedication to educating clients. Spend some time on this blog. You will see how much we’ve poured into explaining patent and trademark law.
Our team includes:
- a former USPTO patent examiner;
- a corporate startup law clinic professor; and
- corporate and IP attorneys fluent in foreign languages including Mandarin.
We are located in Orange County, California, yet we represent clients throughout the U.S. We also help foreign clients based in Asia and Europe.
Vic’s team has achieved:
Do you need international IP? We are well connected with foreign IP attorneys worldwide. Let’s get to work on protecting your concepts at home and abroad. Email me anytime.
Our TRUE core values guide the way we serve our clients.
We charge fixed fees for patent and trademark filings. For utility patent applications, we provide a flat fee estimate for the initial filing after reviewing your invention disclosure. We also offer flat rate responses to patent rejections known as Office Actions.
Imagine a patent attorney that actually returns client calls and emails promptly. Our clients receive timely updates on their patent and trademark applications and reminders in advance of deadlines.
We love representing the Davids battling the Goliaths. If you’re a founder feeling left out by big law firms, let us know how we can help. No client is too small to reach out to us.
Efficiency and lower costs are important to us, but we care most about efficacy. Most of our clients are startups and small businesses who must wisely invest their limited resources for IP protection. We apply our expertise to make honest recommendations for a smarter path to IP success.
Here are examples of our efficacy:
- Conducting a patentability search before filing a utility nonprovisional patent application
- Performing a knockout search before filing a trademark application
- Conducting patent examiner interviews to discuss claim rejections and gather insight for a more persuasive Office Action response
- Using Amazon’s neutral patent evaluation (NPE) instead of litigating in court
Let’s Get to Work!
Email or call (949) 223-9623 to discuss how we can put our IP expertise to work for you.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct: 949.223.9623
Tell us about your project and how we can help.
Latest posts by Vic Lin (see all)
- No Patents: How to Protect Product from Copying - November 30, 2022
- Keep it secret or file a patent? - October 26, 2022
- PCT Receiving Office (RO): When a PCT application cannot be filed with the USPTO - October 10, 2022